ODM Medical is an exciting new partnership between established production company, Oxford Digital Media, medical film-maker Mike Tomlinson and medical journalist Helen Saul, bringing together a wealth of experience and expertise in video production for healthcare and medicine. The video production we offer includes:
• Media and communications for the NHS, with content for patients, staff and stakeholders, covering organisational development, service improvement, education and training, healthcare campaigns, staff recruitment, marketing and promotion.
• Marketing and brand development for medical equipment companies, including new technology start-ups.
• Communications and marketing for private health providers and the independent sector.
• Educational and ‘outreach’ media for universities, medical publishers and charities.
• Medical conference videos aimed at specialist audiences, promoting events and encouraging attendance, covering proceedings, or encapsulating new knowledge and research in skilfully edited short films.
Oxford Digital Media has a number of prestigious clients in the field of medicine, having worked on video content across a broad range of promotional documentaries, product launch videos, live events and in-service training for e-learning platforms.
James Tomalin and his team of camera people, editors, producers and motion graphics experts have worked extensively on educational material for Oxford University Press (Oxford Medicine Online and medical Journals), McGraw Hill (Medical plugins for Learn Smart), National Association of Primary Care, Cochrane Collaboration, and numerous projects for NHS Innovations, pharmaceutical companies and University medical spin outs.
Mike Tomlinson (Orlando Media) is an experienced film-maker with a background in science documentary production for the BBC and other broadcasters. For the past 15 years, he has been working with the NHS, developing ways to use new digital media to communicate with patients and healthcare professionals. Mike is also experienced in working with specialist medical subjects for medical journals and research organisations in the UK and Europe. Within the NHS, Mike has worked with national organisations such as NHS Improvement and NHS Elect, and over 35 acute hospital trusts, CCGs, regional CSUs and primary care providers.
Helen Saul is a freelance medical and science journalist with a BA in Medical Sciences from Cambridge University. She has reported for radio (BBC Radio Four, BBC World Service) and television (Sky News), for magazines (New Scientist, Bella) and daily newspapers. She wrote an award-winning book on Phobias (Phobias: Fighting the Fear, published by HarperCollins). She worked originally with Mike Tomlinson on a story for BBC Newsnight and later, she and Mike produced the European Journal of Cancer’s monthly video report, EJC News Focus, interviewing opinion leaders in cancer research. More recently she produced audio podcast interviews for EJC.
Clients and case histories